VeraSci is a company located in Durham, NC that specializes in enabling clinical trials research through advanced technologies and neurocognitive measurement. We combine innovative science and technology to advance and improve the clinical trials process for many leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are recruiting for a traveling contract clinical assessment specialist with 5 years of expert level experience administering and supervising the following assessments: Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence IV (WPPSI-IV), Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children V (WISC-V), Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale IV (WAIS-IV), Bayley Scales of Infant Development III (BSID-III), Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA), Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory (PedsQL), Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales – Second Edition (VABS-II) Expanded Interview and similar assessments for clinical trials. Specific experience in the administration and review of structured and semi-structured interviews and assessments is also necessary. A doctoral, master’s degree in clinical psychology, MSW or equivalent degree is also required.
We are specifically looking to fill a contract position for a centralized rater in a rare and orphan disease study involving children and adolescents with Arginase 1 Deficiency. This individual will travel frequently to sites in the US and Canada administering and scoring the above-mentioned list of assessments.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in psychology, neurosciences or related field.
- Demonstrated experience (in clinical and/or research settings) in working with children and adolescent populations.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting assessments and administering scales within a clinical and/or research context.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, particularly CNS clinical trials, is valuable.
- Clinical experience in conducting assessments and administering scales with children and adolescent populations.
- Scientific background which includes research experience in neurological and/or psychiatric disorders, psychometrics, cognitive assessment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
Please submit resumes and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org