VeraSci is a growing clinical trials company located in Durham.
We are looking to fill a full-time PhD-level position for a psychologist who will run large scale validation studies for innovative new technologies that assess cognition in schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and aging. This individual will also assist in developing and validating new test batteries, reviewing, analyzing and interpreting cognitive test data, and will oversee neurocognitive rater certification and data quality control for multi-site pharmaceutical company trials. The area of work will primarily be in schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and aging. These clinical trials usually involve a large meeting of investigators and testers who require certification. Some limited travel to US or international meetings is expected. Familiarity with cognitive assessment is essential.
- Doctoral degree in psychology, neurosciences or related field
- Demonstrated experience (in clinical and/or research settings) in working with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations; experience with Alzheimer’s disease, MCI, schizophrenia, depression, multiple sclerosis or aging
- Demonstrated experience in conducting assessments and administering scales within a clinical and/or research context.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, particularly CNS clinical trials, is valuable
- Clinical experience in conducting assessments and administering scales with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations
- Scientific background which includes research experience in neurological and/or psychiatric disorders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org