VeraSci is a company located in Durham, North Carolina that specializes in enabling clinical trials research through advanced technologies and neurocognitive measurement. The company is seeking a Neurologist to oversee the medical aspects of the company’s expanding neurosciences portfolio. This position involves active participation with other scientists on the team in the development and use of innovative new technologies that assess cognition in neurodegenerative conditions. The individual will also be involved in the certification and data quality control for multi-site pharmaceutical company trials. The area of work will encompass a number of neurological and psychiatric disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and schizophrenia. These clinical trials usually involve a large meeting of investigators and testers who require certification. Some limited travel to US or international meetings is expected. Familiarity with cognitive assessment is essential.
- Medical degree in Neurology or related field
- Demonstrated experience in working with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations; experience with Alzheimer’s disease, MCI, schizophrenia, depression, multiple sclerosis or aging
- Demonstrated clinical research experience in conducting standardized assessments and administering scales in pharmaceutical trials or within other research designs.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, particularly CNS clinical trials, is valuable
- Clinical experience in conducting assessments and administering scales with adult psychiatric or neurologic populations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.