Works with business/system analysts, users or user representatives to author and execute test plans, test cases and scripts that fully test our products against their requirements and ensure product quality.
As a Software QA Test Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities for all NCT’s software products, including our web portal and iOS/Android tablet applications, and ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
- Works with business/system analysts to fully understand product vision, scope, priorities, and requirements.
- Produces test plans, test suites and test cases using our test management tool for:
- Requirements validation
- Functional testing
- User testing
- Executes test cases and records results in our test management tool.
- Records defects in our bug tracking tool.
- Performs follow-up resolution and regression testing.
- Creates, maintains or assists with QA/QC documents, including:
- Validation plans
- Test plans
- Test suites
- Test cases
- Test execution reports
- Trace matrixes
- Validation reports
- Provides QA/QC task estimates to project and engineering managers.
- Experience with electronic test management tools to manage authoring and execution of test plans, test suites and test cases. Specific experience using Visual Studio Team Services Test Manager a plus.
- Knowledge of web applications. Experience with Ionic or Angular applications a plus.
- Experience testing hybrid mobile applications. Knowledge of Cordova or PhoneGap a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of the software/system development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of scrum/agile software development methodology a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAMP, GCP and FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 a plus
- Experience with API, performance, and/or security testing is a plus